Cesc Fabregas has played under some of the best managers in history (Picture: Getty)Cesc Fabregas has delivered a snub to former Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola after naming Arsene Wenger and Jose Mourinho as the two best managers that he’s worked with in his career.The Spaniard left Barcelona for Arsenal as a 16-year-old but he returned to the Camp Nou in 2011 for a fee of around £35m. Guardiola handed Fabregas his old no.4 shirt and often played the midfielder in a false-nine position as Barcelona romped to the title in the 2011/12 campaign. It was arguably Lionel Messi’s finest season in his career and much of that was down to the chemistry the Argentine had with Fabregas.ADVERTISEMENT Cesc Fabregas snubs Pep Guardiola as he names Arsene Wenger and Jose Mourinho as best coaches he’s worked with Advertisement Comment Metro Sport ReporterWednesday 1 Apr 2020 4:35 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link745Shares Fabregas spent three years back at Barcelona (Picture: Getty)However, Fabregas left after a mixed three years in Barcelona to join Jose Mourinho’s Chelsea in 2014.AdvertisementAdvertisementHe guided Chelsea to the Premier League title during his first season back in England and Fabregas admits he preferred playing under Mourinho and Wenger than Guardiola. Quizzed about his former bosses on Instagram, Fabregas initially tried to duck the question by insisting: ‘I had the best in the world, so I cannot complain.’However, fans weren’t happy with his answer and Fabregas was forced to go further, where he named his two favourite managers.‘Wenger and Mourinho,’ said Fabregas.MORE: Paul Merson defends Cesc Fabregas over Arsenal transfer decisionFollow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.For more stories like this, check our sport page. Advertisement
FILE PHOTO: Sadio ManeLiverpool, United Kingdom | AFP | Liverpool must turn to unlikely heroes to overturn a 3-0 Champions League semi-final, first leg deficit against Barcelona on Tuesday according to defender Trent Alexander-Arnold after top scorer Mohamed Salah was ruled out with concussion.Roberto Firmino will also be absent against the Spanish champions leaving Jurgen Klopp without two of his most potent weapons for an already massive challenge.“Obviously we’ve got two of our main goalscorers out, but it also presents an opportunity for some of the other lads to come in, make a name for themselves and make themselves heroes,” said Alexander-Arnold.“If we do overturn the deficit tomorrow then whoever scores, their name will always be remembered because I am sure it will be one of those really special nights.”Salah was stretchered off during Liverpool’s tense 3-2 win at Newcastle on Saturday that kept alive their chances of a first Premier League title in 29 years after colliding with Magpies’ goalkeeper Martin Dubravka for a high ball.“It’s a concussion so that means he would not even be allowed to play,” said Klopp at his pre-match press conference on Monday.“He feels OK but it is not good enough from a medical point of view that is all. He’s desperate (to play) but we cannot do it.”Klopp was realistic at his side’s chances of progressing to a second consecutive Champions League final, but refused to give up hope with Liverpool’s history of European comebacks.“Together with our supporters it was a long season and there is at least a little chance to make it even longer,” added Klopp.“Two of the world’s best strikers are not available tomorrow night and we have to score four goals against Barcelona to go through after 90 minutes. “It doesn’t make life easier, but as long as we have 11 players on the pitch, we will try it.”– Anfield an extra man –Luis Suarez scored the opening goal against his former club in last week’s first leg at the Camp Nou, but ahead of his return to Anfield, the Uruguayan warned his current teammates of the lift playing on home soil will give Liverpool.“To play at Anfield is like playing with an extra man for what the fans transmit to the Liverpool players,” said Suarez.And Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde believes attack will be the best form of defence as if the Catalans get an away goal, Liverpool will need to score five.“What we have to do is score,” said Valverde.Suarez will be joined by Lionel Messi and Philippe Coutinho on his return to Anfield after a £142 million move to Barca from Liverpool last year.But Ousmane Dembele is absent for the visitors due to a hamstring injury and Valverde believes the Frenchman’s absence will be felt just as much as Salah and Firmino.“We don’t want any player to be injured. It would have been extraordinary to see them all on the field. They are all important,” he added.“Dembele’s absence is a problem. Against a team that concedes space (in behind) it is always important to have player like Ousmane.”Share on: WhatsApp
The U.S. leads the world in the number of coronavirus deaths On CNN’s State of the Union Dr. Anthony Fauci said the country is turning a corner in terms of hospitalizations and ventilator intubations.Fauci, a key member of the White House task force on COVID-19, added they don’t want to be premature in easing up on social distancing. He said it depends on where you live in the county and how the outbreak is developing there, but some cities may be able to get back to work by as early as next month. Dr. Fauci cautioned, “It’s not one size fits all.” Worldwide deathtoll here.