California’s PG&E seeks approval for 423MW/1.7GWh of new battery storage projects FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Greentech Media:Pacific Gas & Electric has asked California regulators to approve seven battery projects totaling 423 megawatts, or nearly 1.7 gigawatt-hours of energy storage capacity, to meet its share of a statewide procurement that must be brought online by late next year to assure statewide grid stability.PG&E’s 2020 System Reliability Request for Offers, filed Monday with the California Public Utilities Commission, represents a huge new addition to the utility’s battery fleet to meet the state’s resource adequacy needs starting in 2021. It’s the second major procurement from a California utility designed to comply with the CPUC’s order for 3.3 gigawatts of carbon-free resources to help meet grid reliability needs that will arise when four natural-gas-fired power plants retire next year to reduce their environmental harm to coastal waters.PG&E’s portfolio of new battery projects isn’t the biggest one meant to make up for those power plants, whose retirement has already been delayed by a year to allow clean energy replacement resources to be brought online. Earlier this month, utility Southern California Edison announced 770 megawatts, or nearly 3 gigawatt-hours, of storage from seven winning bids, most of them connected to existing solar farms. SCE has the largest share of procurement since it faces the more severe potential grid disruptions from closing the power plants.But PG&E’s new proposal does represent a major boost to a battery fleet that’s already set to be the largest in the world. PG&E’s major projects include a 300-megawatt/1,200-megawatt-hour project by Vistra Energy and a 182.5-megawatt/730-megawatt-hour project from Tesla being built near a natural-gas plant in the Monterey County community of Moss Landing.PG&E is now adding another 100 megawatts/400 megawatt-hours of battery plant from Vistra to be part of its new resource adequacy portfolio in the transmission-constrained South Bay/Moss Landing sub-area. It’s also adding three 50-megawatt/200-megawatt-hour systems to the existing 50-megawatt Diablo Energy Storage project being built by LS Power in Contra Costa County.PG&E’s new round of contracts, which must still be approved by the CPUC, is the third major storage deal to be announced just this month, including SCE’s projects and another nearly 3-gigawatt-hour procurement announced by Hawaiian Electric last week.[Jeff St. John]More: Vistra, LS Power top winners in PG&E’s 420MW storage procurement
To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
Log in with your social account Google Five major peer-to-peer (P2P) lending platforms have formally joined the Fintech Data Center established by the Indonesian Fintech Lenders Association (AFPI) late last year to protect online creditors from recalcitrant borrowers and bad debt.The association’s technical support head Ronald Andi T. Kasim said that by joining the data center, the five online lending apps could get data on the profiles of potential borrowers, their characteristics and the performances of their loans on other lending platforms.With such data, online lending platforms that have joined the data center can better vet their potential borrowers so they can prevent bad debt and delinquency, he said.Ronald said that the five online lending platforms, which consist of Finmas, Danamas, Maucash, Julo and Mekar, were chosen as the pioneers to join the data center because they were most prepa… LOG INDon’t have an account? Register here Facebook Topics : Linkedin Forgot Password ? Indonesia fintech P2P-lending Financial-Data-Center AFPI OJK bad-loans
Police also confiscated from Omboy a.45-caliber pistol loaded with two live bullets. The suspect was detained in the lockup cell of the Ilog municipal police station, facing charges./PN Ryan Omboy, a resident of the village, was arrested around 5 p.m. on July 8, a police report showed. BACOLOD City – For allegedly stealing a motorcycle, a 19-year-old lad was nabbed in Barangay Pinggot, Ilog, Negros Occidental. He was accused of carting away the motorcycle owned by 20-year-old Mark Paul Dela Cruz of Barangay Magballo, Kabankalan City. The victim reported the incident to the police, which led to the suspect’s apprehension.
USA Today proclaimed the Clippers “the best thing to happen to the NBA playoffs,” the New York Times profiled Lou Williams (whose 36 points and 11 assists in the game were more than any other reserve in a postseason game since 1985), and ESPN invited Landry Shamet to share his reliable insight on “The Jump.”“It’s been good,” Shamet said Wednesday of the attention, but he quickly added, “at the end of the day we’re 1-1 right now. By no means are we satisfied or feel like we’ve accomplished anything in its entirety, at least.“It’s a good feat to come from behind and tie the series, but me personally, I’m trying to move past all that because we know we probably just (irritated) a sleeping bear. They’re going to be ready to go tomorrow.”“I don’t care,” about the bear, Rivers said. “Because we have to have an extra something.”And then, with his players taking their seats on folding chairs in a semi-circle around a television monitor, Rivers went to show them how. Clippers vs. Mavericks Game 5 playoff updates from NBA beat reporters “We’ve just got to be more in sync offensively,” Clippers guard Landry Shamet said Wednesday. “I know they scored 70 points in the first half, but offensively, I think that made a big difference (in the comeback). We were more in sync, making plays for each other, on the same page. Our flow was a whole lot better in the second half.”In the final 24 minutes, the Clippers’ offensive assertiveness and togetherness was rewarded: They went 17 for 19 from the free-throw line (to which they made seven more trips than in the opening half), and they shot 30 for 45 from the field, including 8 for 14 from 3-point range.And as the Clippers – the biggest first-round underdogs in 30 years, at 100-1 – rallied from a statistical 0.1 percent probability of winning with 8:30 on the clock Monday, the nation took notice, either that night as it happened or waking up to the stunning result the next morning.Related Articles What the Clippers are saying the day after Luka Doncic’s game-winner tied series, 2-2 Kristaps Porzingis ruled out as Clippers, Mavericks set for Game 5; Follow for game updates For Lakers’ LeBron James, Jacob Blake’s shooting is bigger issue than a big Game 4 victory The reality, Rivers stressed before (and likely at) Wednesday’s practice: “We have to play better. We understand we won the game, but we’re not going to win the game playing that way. I think we fully understand that. If not, we’re about to when we watch film.”Yes, the Clippers outscored Golden State 72-37 – the best offensive 19 minutes of not just the season, but “of their lives,” Rivers said – down the stretch to win Game 2. But prior to the 7:31 mark of the third quarter on Monday, they were being outscored 215-167 in the series.“I mean, 131 points (total),” said Clippers guard Patrick Beverley, whose job it has been to harass Kevin Durant. “Ain’t nobody really playing no defense, but we were fortunate to get stops when they mattered, to get loose balls when they mattered.”They had squandered opportunities in Game 1 – which was encouraging, insisted the Clippers, who were pleased to have had chances. And it was true: Before the turnaround began in the third quarter, the Clippers had forced 28 turnovers. The problem was that they’d turned them into only 23 points. (Conversely, they’d coughed it up 27 times themselves, miscues the Warriors converted to 34 points).Except for the production of Lou Williams and Montrezl Harrell off the bench, the Clippers hadn’t been nearly aggressive enough for Rivers’ liking – especially because against the Warriors, offense might be the best defense. Clippers hope they can play to their capabilities, quell Mavericks’ momentum Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error PLAYA VISTA — You’ve just set an NBA record for biggest postseason comeback in NBA history – what are you going to do next?Settle in for a critical film session, naturally.“We came back and what we did was historic, but the reality tells a whole different story,” said Coach Doc Rivers, whose team’s epic comeback evened their first-round Western Conference playoff series with the two-time defending champion Golden State Warriors at 1-1. Game 3 is Thursday night at Staples Center.“The reality is that we were down 31, and the reality is we’re not going to win a lot of games against anybody doing that. The reality is they’re shooting over 50 percent and there’s a lot of realities in this series that don’t bode well unless we do something about it.”
Joining the Raptors on their championship bus, Drake made sure to keep his Toronto pride brand strong with his $220 million private jet circling above the parade. Got one. 👌🏽A post shared by champagnepapi (@champagnepapi) on Jun 14, 2019 at 12:19am PDTLike rapper Young Jeezy once said, “I put on for my city,” and if anyone is going to earn air space in The Six, it’s definitely going to be their hometown boy Drake. And, obviously, the rapper flew his team from their win in Game 6 last week back to Toronto by way of “Air Drake.”Drake is celebrating this championship like he played in all four quarters of Game 6 vs. Golden State. View this post on Instagram Drake’s run as (basically) the Raptors’ sixth man is not done yet. As the team celebrated its NBA Finals win over the Wariors in the Toronto streets Monday, Drake was represented both on the ground and in the air.MORE: The latest Kawhi Leonard free agency rumors