Scholarships for Adult Learners of Irish on Oideas Gael Courses, supported by Foras na Gaeilge.Oideas Gael is pleased to announce scholarship opportunities for adult learners on Irish courses in Gleann Cholm Cille and Coimín, Gleann Fhinne, Co. Dhún na nGall. Courses are held weekly from now till the end of August at all levels from absolute beginner to fuller fluency. Persons awarded scholarship should be resident in Northern Ireland and register beforehand with the LÍOFA 2015 Scheme, which can be done simply by going on-line to: http://www.liofa.eu/signPriority in the selection process will be accorded to those who have not previously had the opportunity to study Irish while at school, or lack the means of attending courses without scholarship assistance.Applications are invited by telephoning Oideas Gael at 00353 74 97 30248 or by contacting the office via e-mail at email@example.com with a brief outline as to why you should receive a scholarship.Oideas Gael wishes to thank Foras na Gaeilge for scholarship funding. Eolas/Information +353 87 9173106 (Liam)Scoláireachtaí do Fhoghlaimeoirí Fásta Gaeilge ar chúrsaí Oideas Gael le tacaíocht ó Fhoras na GaeilgeTá áthas ar Oideas Gael a fhógairt go bhfuil scoláireachtaí ar fáil do dhaoine fásta ar a chuid cúrsaí Gaeilge i nGleann Cholm Cille agus ar An Choimin, Gleann Fhinne. Beidh cúrsaí ar siúl gach seachtain ó seo go deireadh mhí Lúnasa agus iad ar gach uile leibhéal ó ghlantosaitheoir go líofa.Beidh ar an té ar a mbronnfar scoláireacht a bheith ina gcónaí i dTuaisceart Éireann agus orthu clárú roimh ré le Scéim LÍOFA 2015. Thig sin a dhéanamh ach dul ar-líne go: http://www.liofa.eu/signTabharfar tús áite dóibh siúd nach raibh deis acu Gaeilge a fhoghlaim ar scoil nó nach bhfuil d’acmhainn acu freastal ar chúrsa gan cuidiú scoláireachta.Tá fáilte roimh iarrthóirí glaoch ar oifig Oideas Gael ag +353 74 97 30248 nó r-phost a sheoladh chugainn ag firstname.lastname@example.org Tá Oideas Gael faoi mhórchomaoin ag Foras na Gaeilge as an scéim seo a mhaoiniú.Tá sonrai ar chúrsaí Oideas Gael ar fáil ag: www.oideasgael.ieIRISH SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE FOR ADULT LEARNERS THIS SUMMER was last modified: June 8th, 2015 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:FeaturesnewsNotices
15 April 2014Last week was one of the busiest on record for anti-poaching units in South Africa’s Kruger National Park, with three heavily armed groups of suspected rhino poachers being detected and eight arrests being made.The eight arrests included those of two South African National Parks (SANParks) employees. According to spokesperson Reynold Thakhuli, the two SANParks men appeared on Wednesday in the White River Magistrate’s Court, where their case was remanded to 16 April for a formal bail application.Thakhuli said most of last week’s incidents took place in the southern part of the park, in areas such as Crocodile Bridge, Kingfisherspruit, Tshokwane and Stolsnek.On Thursday, he said, rangers from Crocodile Bridge arrested two suspected poachers, believed to be Zimbabwean nationals, as they were leaving the park, recovering a G3 military type rifle along with a silencer and ammunition.On Friday, rangers from the Kingfisherspruit area apprehended another two suspected poachers, arresting one while recovering a .458 rifle, silencer, ammunition and poaching equipment. The second suspect managed to escape arrest.Tshokwane rangers apprehended a further two suspects on Saturday, making one arrest and recovering a .375 hunting rifle, ammunition and poaching equipment. The second suspect managed to escape back to Mozambique.And on Sunday, in Stolsnek, rangers apprehended a group of five suspected poachers, arresting two of them with the help of SANParks Airwing and canine units. Thakhuli said the hunt for the remaining three suspects, who managed to escape, was still on.“This is a clear indication that resilience and patience pays off, and we are grateful that no lives were lost during an encounter with these heavily armed suspected poachers.”He said the anti-poaching units are ready for the coming long weekend, with many deployments routes, particularly in poaching hot-spots, being plotted out.“We will be ready and waiting for them, and we would like to request the support and cooperation of all members of society in identifying and reporting suspicious behavior that could lead to the apprehension and conviction of these criminals.”The public can report incidents of poaching and give tip-offs to the anonymous tip-off lines 0800 205 005, 08600 10111 or Crime Line on 32211.SAinfo reporter
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest 2015 Trade TalkMidwest Dairy Association Chairman Jerry Messer and the Ohio Ag Net’s Dale Minyo visit about giving the dairy farmer more credit for the research being done through checkoff dollars. (Aired 11/12/15 on Ohio Ag Net)Midwest Dairy Jerry Messer
The Supreme Court on Thursday asked the Goa government and mining companies to respond on a petition seeking to lower the cap on extraction of mineral ores in the State from the current 20 MTPA to a final 12 MTPA.The apex court asked the State and the companies to file their responses to a petition filed by NGO Goa Foundation, represented by advocates Prashant Bhushan and Pranav Sachdeva, for reducing the interim cap of 20 MTPA.The petition also said the State and its citizens even runs the danger of increased pollution as the The Expert Committee on the CAP (ECOC) has recommended in its final report for an enhanced extraction of mineral ores from 20 million tonnes to 30 million tonnes.“Interim cap on extraction of mineral ores from Goa, recommended by the ECOC, was fixed in a vacuum, when mining had been suspended for several years. It was not fixed after confronting actual mining operations, when started, and their impact on people and environment,” the petition said.The petition said the present cap is subject to review as it is clear that “even 20 MT mineral extraction is deleterious to public health and environment”. The petition said the State does not have the infrastructure to handle such levels of extraction.It said the court should consider reducing the cap on mining in Goa to 5 MTPA.“At that level, mining could be conducted without damage to the environment, since it would be easier to monitor the activity and stop it immediately, if violations were observed,” the petition said.It said that though the mining industry was found to have damaged the environment of Goa in substantial, irreversible manner, as recorded in the reports of the Justice M.B. Shah Commission and the Central Empowered Committee, no rehabilitation of the damaged environment has even commenced despite mining having resumed, albeit on smaller scale, for the past two years.“In the current situation there is demonstrated proof that the mining industry is completely incapable and uninterested in balancing its interests with those of the environment and the villagers affected by their activities,” the petition said.A hearing has been scheduled in the matter for November 29.
Union Minister of Railways and Commerce Piyush Goyal on Thursday termed the current economic slowdown as just a passing phase and said that efforts being taken by the government only showed that it cared.Reacting to former prime minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh’s views on the economic slow down the country is facing, the Union Minister said that he was surprised to know that Dr. Singh was saying that the BJP government was failing in handling the economy. “The country gave Dr. Singh, an eminent economist, the opportunity to run the country for 10 years. But they [UPA government] damaged the entire economic system. It was during their tenure that reckless bank loans messed up the banking sector, prices of commodities soared up, Mumbai faced a major terrorist attack and the government could not face the public,” he said addressing chartered accountants, industrialists and traders at an Assembly election-related event in Bhayandar. “Before the Modi government came to power people had lost hope and so did not demand anything from the government. But in last five years public has been demanding better facilities because they have immense hope in this government. Even a beggar will beg only in front of someone whom he knows will give him something,” Mr. Goyal said. The last five years have seen 75-78% rise in Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) and it will continue to grow with the efforts the Prime Minister is taking, Mr. Goyal added. “I hope you all remember the double digits inflation we faced during the United Progessive Alliance government. Fiscal deficit was as high as 6-6.5% and current account deficit was 4.5%. The country was handed to us with a damaged economy and we have brought about development across sectors,” he said. Talking of the steps by Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman to revive the economy, Mr. Goyal said, “ours is a responsible government. The efforts being taken show that the government cares about the economy.”