To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
The suspects were nabbed around 11:45a.m. on Feb. 25, it added. Antidrug officers inspect items seized from 16 drug suspects in Barangay 6, San Carlos City, Negros Occidental on Feb. 25. PDEA REGION VI The minor, meanwhile, was turned over tothe police station’s Women and Children Protection Desk./PN They were detained in the lockup cell ofthe San Carlos City police station, facing charges for violation of RepublicAct 9165, or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002. BACOLOD City – Sixteen persons werearrested in a drug buy-bust operation in Barangay 6, San Carlos City, NegrosOccidental. Suspected shabu weighing about 20 gramsvalued at around P240,000 were seized from alleged drug den maintainer Elma Bartolin; JorgePasilan; Charles Anonas; Dexter Sibuyan; Ryan Caño; Eddie Boy Barbadillo; RolitoChiu; Lastly Bartulin, Marissa Flora, Recesio; Janmark Abarquez; Cecile BoyBlanco; Carlos Caballero; Niño Kim Bartolin; Jerry Mangyao; and a male minor, apolice report showed..
Rabat, Morocco | AFP | Morocco’s football federation (FRMF) announced on Friday it had told the sport’s world governing body FIFA it will bid to host the 2026 World Cup.It would be Morocco’s fifth candidacy having come up short already in 1994, 1998, 2006 and 2010.“Morocco considers itself capable of organsining a World Cup,” youth and sports minister Rachid Talbi Alami told AFP.“We have the necessary infrastructure in terms of stadiums, transport, hotel capacity and sanitation.”In April, the United States, Canada and Mexico had already announced a joint North American bid to host the tournament.If successful, Morocco would become only the second African country to host football’s flagship event following South Africa in 2010.The north Africans have received backing from African confederation (CAF) president Ahmad Ahmad. “We are convinced that Morocco could organise this competition just as was done by South Africa in 2010,” said Malagasy Ahmad after he was elected to succeed Cameroon’s Issa Hayatou as head of the African body.However, FIFA last year accepted that the country had paid bribes to the former head of the North and Central American Confederation in trying to win the right to host the 1998 and 2010 tournaments — something that could prejudice any future bid.But FIFA president Gianni Infantino has echoed Ahmad’s endorsement, saying that Morocco has the necessary “infrastructure and organisational capacity” to host the World Cup.The 2026 tournament will be the first with an expanded 48-team tournament, up from the current 32 qualifiers.Morocco had won the right to host the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations but pulled out at the 11th hour over concerns related to the Ebola outbreak in western Africa at the time.But the country has embarked on a professionalisation drive to improve its football infrastructure while increasing it’s candidacies for various tournaments in order to improve its chances of landing a much coveted World Cup.Morocco has hosted two Club World Cup tournaments, in 2013 and 2014, although that is a vastly smaller and shorter tournament.Share on: WhatsApp
Pep Guardiola’s side finished the Premier League in second place and despite some disappointing displays, such as their FA Cup defeat to Arsenal, actually had better results than anyone in the Premier League after the restart, netting 21 goals in their last five league games.Kun Aguero is likely to miss out again, but Madrid will have to beware of the pace of Kevin de Bruyne and Raheem Sterling, who caused them big problems in the first leg.******XINHUAShare on: WhatsApp Madrid, Spain | XINHUA | Real Madrid look to overturn a 2-1 home defeat from the first leg when they visit Manchester City’s Etihad Stadium on Friday night in the return leg of their last 16 Champions League tie.When City outplayed Madrid in the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium at the end of February, Madrid looked to be heading out of the competition, but the suspension of football for three months due to the coronavirus allowed them to regroup and they now go to Manchester as La Liga champions after winning 10 out of 11 games since the return to action.Zinedine Zidane’s side will travel amidst strict safety precautions due to the coronavirus and will be in a virtual bubble to assure their safety in Manchester. Zidane has left Gareth Bale and James Rodriguez out of his squad, which means Karim Benzema will probably be partnered by Marcos Asensio in attack, while there is a big doubt over whether Vinicius Jr or Eden Hazard, who has struggled with an ankle issue, will play in the third attacking role.Sergio Ramos is suspended after his late red card in the first leg and the absence of the Madrid captain will be important for his side – so important in fact that he has traveled to add his support from the sidelines.Eder Militao will cover for Ramos in central defense, but there is no doubt Ramos is a big loss for Madrid, who are likely to also field Raphael Varane, Ferland Mendy and Dani Carvajal in defense.
14 Jul 2016 Sammie’s win completes a full set of titles Cornwall’s Sammie Giles has won the English women’s amateur championship at West Lancashire – and completed a full set of national titles. She has already won the English women’s stroke play, played last year on another Lancashire course at St Annes Old Links, and she captured the English women’s mid-amateur at Bath in 2014. The 21-year-old from St Mellion (Image © Leaderboard Photography) described herself as excited by her latest win, scoring one-under par over 72 holes, and said: “This one is the most important because it’s the closed championship and you’re playing against all your England team-mates.” Giles, who helped England to victory in the 2015 Women’s Home Internationals, finished ahead of a host of other internationals. Lizzie Prior (Burhill) had to settle for second place for the second year in a row after she finished on level par. Alice Hewson (Berkhamsted) was third on one-over, while Gemma Clews (Delamere Forest) and Sophie Lamb (Clitheroe) were fifth on two-over. Girl international Amelia Williamson (Royal Cromer) achieved her own target with a sixth place finish on three-over. The host club’s Hollie Muse finished 11th on nine-over while Eloise Healey was 32nd. At the start of today’s final 36 holes the lead was shared by Prior, Lamb and Cloe Frankish (Chart Hills) who were all three-under. Giles was tied fifth and marked time in the third round with a level par score which put her three behind Prior, who was the sole leader going into the final round. In the afternoon Giles made her move with two-under 72 which pipped her challengers. “There’s a tough stretch on the back nine, from the 10th to the 13th, and I managed to come out of that one-under, and that was the turning point,” said Giles. “This morning I played pretty steadily but I made so many clubbing errors because the wind was so difficult, it was straight across and really difficult to judge. My short game was great, though, and I made up and down for par pretty much every time I mis-clubbed. “This afternoon we got the clubbing better and I gave myself far more birdie opportunities,” added Giles who, as usual, had her father on the bag. She’s now taking a short break from golf to re-charge after this event and after playing in her regional County Match Week. Her next big date is the defence of her stroke play title at Bristol & Clifton from 16-18 August. Click here for full scores