WEST Indies veteran Dwayne Bravo believes the West Indies possess the tools to dominate T20 Internationals.The 36-year-old all-rounder was recalled recently to the West Indies squad that defeated Sri Lanka 2-0 in their T20 internationals in early March.He sees where the Caribbean side, two-time world champions, can rise to the top once more despite a fall-off in form that has seen them currently ranked 10th in the ICC T20 rankings. Those signs he said were evident during the Sri Lanka series.“Prior to that [T20I series in Sri Lanka], we weren’t really consistent as a team over the years in T20 cricket. We T20 guys had a chat among ourselves along with the management and made a pledge that we want to start back winning series. We said we wanted to be back being the most dominant team in the T20 format,” said Bravo who over the past decade, established himself as one of the best T20 players in the world and one of the format’s best bowlers with almost 500 wickets.He argued that the West Indies have too many world-class T20 players not to show it on the field of play.“We have to stamp our authority,” he said.“We have produced some of the best players in the world and when we are together in the same team, we have to stamp our authority, and to get the cricketing world to respect West Indies cricket again and especially West Indies’ T20 team. We said, ‘All hands on deck, let’s start with this Sri Lanka series and make sure we send the message.’”(Sportsmax).
Facebook Twitter Google+ Freshman defensive ends Qaadir Sheppard and Amir Ealey have been suspended indefinitely from Syracuse’s football team for a violation of team rules, according to an SU Athletics press release.The news comes less than two hours after the Orange lost 37-27 to No. 1 Clemson. Neither Sheppard nor Ealey played against the Tigers.Sheppard has played in nine games this season and has recorded a tackle and an interception. Ealey has one tackle in seven games this season. Comments Related Stories Freshman Qaadir Sheppard impresses at defensive end Published on November 14, 2015 at 8:42 pm Contact Paul: email@example.com | @pschweds
Walt Harris vowed to come back stronger after a tough TKO loss to Alistair Overeem in an emotionally charged UFC heavyweight fight in Florida on Saturday.Harris, 36, was stopped in the second round of his first bout since the disappearance and death of his stepdaughter, Aniah Blanchard, late last year. MORE: Teixeira has title thoughts after stopping SmithThe American considered quitting mixed martial arts before agreeing to headline what was the UFC’s third event in eight days at an empty VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville.Harris almost claimed his 14th career victory after dropping Overeem in the opening round, but the eighth-ranked Dutchman recovered and made his vast experience count.Speaking afterward, Harris thanked the UFC, his team and the local community in Homewood, Ala., where he lives.”I love you guys,” he told ESPN. “I’m sorry I didn’t get the ‘W’ for you tonight but you have been there for my family and me through everything.Humble in victory and defeat.What a showing by these two men tonight #UFCFL pic.twitter.com/gJloA8flhF— UFC (@ufc) May 17, 2020″To the fans, I know you couldn’t be in here tonight but you’re all at home watching. I’m sorry, I’ll be back better, I promise you. You haven’t seen the last of ‘The Big Ticket.'”I’m going to go home, recover, heal emotionally and physically and I promise I’ll be better.” Overeem, who lost to Jairzinho Rozenstruik in December, consoled Harris after the fight and praised his opponent for the challenge.”It was tough, he didn’t want to give up. I felt he was tired but he hung in there. But I hadn’t really tired,” Overeem said.Asked about his next objective, Overeem responded: “Let’s look at the rankings, fight again later this year and maybe we’re going to see if there’s one more shot at the title.”