Even with the rollback, Google still offers a better deal than the 5GB of free storage you get from Apple, after which you have to pay at least $0.99 a month for 50GB. However, Apple One plans may look more appealing, since they include storage bundled with services like Apple Music, TV and Arcade. If you’re a member of Amazon Prime, you get unlimited photo storage, so that’s an option if you’re looking to move away from Google. It’s a big change from when Google Photos was announced in 2015, when the company promised free unlimited high-quality photos and video uploads and it seems like an easy way for Google to push people to pay for its Google One plans, which start at $1.99 per month for 100GB of storage.It’s a bit of a bummer for Google Photos users, who may have racked up five years’ worth of pictures under the assumption that Google would let them keep uploading new pictures for free.Google said the storage limit doesn’t apply to photos uploaded from its Pixel phones, which still get unlimited high-quality uploads for free. It also said that 80 percent of its users should get about three more years of storage before they even hit the 15GB mark.- Advertisement – Google on Wednesday announced the end of free unlimited storage for Google Photos, its online site for storing your pictures. Beginning June 1, 2021, any photos uploaded to Google Photos will count toward the free 15GB of storage it provides with Google accounts.- Advertisement – – Advertisement –
Indianapolis, Ind. — Indy 500 qualifying saw its first true “Bump Day” since 2011, today. The top of the speedway chart is the secondary story, with two cars — both driven by fan favorites — failing to make the field of thirty-three. Drivers James Hinchcliffe and Pippa Mann find themselves on the outside looking in, for different reasons. After rain twice halted qualifying earlier in the day, Hinch went out to try and make the field and experienced a major wobble in his car, forcing him to return to pit lane for repairs. But the gun that marks the end of qualifying would sound before his #5 Schmidt Peterson Motorsports car could make another attempt. Asked about speculation that his team may still secure a spot for him in the 500 by “buying a ride” the Canadian driver indicated he would be open to the prospect — saying, “I’m here to race.” The most recent precedent for such a move in IndyCar is from 2011. Then, Michael Andretti’s Andretti Green Racing did the same for Bump Day victim, Ryan Hunter-Reay.For Pippa Mann, a part-time driver that competes only in the Indy 500 each year, missing “the show” was for an entirely different reason. At a tearful post-race press conference the 34-year-old British driver said her Dale Coyne Racing team worked late into the night last night, but simply could not find the speed for her car.As for the fastest cars of the day, three-time winner Helio Castroneves put together the fastest four-lap average early in the session, at 228.919 miles per hour. Indianapolis native, Ed Carpenter, was second-quickest at 228.692 mph, and Frenchman Simon Pagenaud was third fastest at 228.304 mph. The top nine qualifiers today are locked into starting in the first three rows, but will now compete in a single-attempt shootout on Sunday for their starting order. The rest of that top nine are: Will Power, Sebastien Bourdais, Spencer Pigot, Josef Newgarden, Scott Dixon, and former IndyCar star Danica Patrick — who’ll be making her first Indy 500 appearance since 2011.The rest of the field (positions 10-33) are also guaranteed to start somewhere in rows four through eleven, and will likewise compete again Sunday to determine their position on the grid.Qualifying resumes Sunday at 2:45 p.m. at The Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The 102nd running of The Indianapolis 500 is Sunday, May 27th on Country 103.9, WRBI.
As visitors from around the country and beyond descend on South Florida this week for the Super Bowl, doctors at one local hospital are implementing new guidelines in order to screen patients for the deadly Coronavirus.The flu-like illness originated in Wuhan, China. Cases have been confirmed in Australia, Germany, France, Canada, and the United States.There are no known cases in Florida.“We are on the side of caution in order to provide the best care for our community,” says Dr. S. Raymond Golish, who practices at Jupiter Medical Center. “Know there are no known cases here at this time, but we are prepared in the unlikely eventuality that such a case occurs.”He adds that the hospital is now following new CDC guidelines to conduct additional screenings for patients who display flu-like symptoms such as fever and coughing.Those patients will be asked to answer questions about their travels and contact with others during the previous two weeks.If doctors suspect the Coronavirus, those patients will then be placed in isolation and local health officials will be notified immediately.Dr. Golish says a sample would be sent to the CDC for testing.There is currently no antiviral treatment for the virus and no vaccine to prevent it.So far, there are more than 6,000 cases in China, and 132 deaths.
The National Hockey Team was put at a disadvantage over the weekend, as its members arrived in Trinidad and Tobago 4-and-a-half hours late owing to a flight cancellation and several other unforeseen circumstances.Additionally, a damper was put on the usual up-tempo spirits of the National Team when members were forced to cancel their planned warm-up practice session.Having to head straight into the first of three games, the Guyanese team sought to make the best of their situation. The team started tentatively and conceded several turnovers in the midfield, which led to penetrating Trinidadian counter-attacks.An example of such came in the eighth minute when outstanding Trinidadian midfielder Shaquille Daniel sent a flying reverse shot into the scoring area, only for it to be deflected by Akin Toussaint.Trinidad prepare to take their corner shot with the Guyanese defence in netTrinidad got their first breakthrough after the restart of the game, thanks to an unforced error by the Guyanese midfield. Being awarded a penalty corner, the Guyanese goalkeeper maintained an attentive attitude and managed to block the initial drag flick, but Trinidad’s Michael O’Connor capitalised with a rebound.By the start of the second quarter, the Guyanese confidence started to grow and they created several goal scoring opportunities of their own, but were never able to get past the Trinidad goalkeeper.The three-match series comes as a warm-up for the upcoming Central American and Caribbean Games which are to be held in Barranquilla, Columbia from July 20 to July 30. Trinidad and Tobago are currently the top ranked team in the tournament, and will have to oppose Cuba, Barbados and Colombia in pool A, while Guyana are in pool B with Mexico, the Dominican Republic and Jamaica.