The SEA initiative (Save, Embrace, Achieve) from Rijeka donated the Seabin device to the Rijeka Port Authority for use, with the aim of raising awareness of the need to protect and preserve the marine environment and introduce sustainable solutions for the use and management of marine resources as one of the most valuable resources. Seabin is said to be a floating trash can that constantly filters seawater by collecting plastic, microplastics, detergents, oils and other materials from the surface, preventing them from floating out to sea and harming marine flora and fauna. Facebook: Seabin project Source: Total Croatia News, Morski.hrPhoto and video: Seabinproject The V5 Seabin is designed for installation in the water of marinas, yacht clubs, ports or similar environments. It can clean floating debris, macro and micro plastics, and even micro fibers with an additional filter. It is also able to clean water from contaminated organic materials (leaves, seaweed, etc.), and when equipped with oil-absorbing pads it absorbs petroleum-based and detergent-based surface oils that predominate in most marinas and ports around the world. Seabin project were designed by two Australian surfers, to help reduce pollution of the world’s seas and oceans, and according to information from the official website, more than 600 tons of waste have been collected so far. From the sea surface, this device collects an average of about 1,5 kilograms of floating garbage per day.
Cole loved life under Ancelotti (Picture: AFP/Getty)‘I think Scolari, he came at a time when I probably wasn’t playing as well as I knew I could when I first came to Chelsea. Probably Chelsea fans can agree with me that wasn’t the Ashley Cole they knew at Arsenal.AdvertisementAdvertisement‘So he came and he brought this new lease of life. It was just like playing for Brazil. He said: “Let’s play like Brazil!” Comment Ashley Cole snubs Jose Mourinho as he reveals his favourite Chelsea manager Metro Sport ReporterTuesday 5 Feb 2019 7:50 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link1kShares Ashley Cole’s Chelsea managers MourinhoGrantScolariHiddinkAncelottiVilas-BoasDi MatteoBenitez Cole named his favourite Chelsea bosses (Picture: AFP/Getty Images)Ashley Cole revealed his favourite Chelsea managers were Carlo Ancelotti and Luiz Felipe Scolari, despite the latter being sacked after only six months at Stamford Bridge.The Derby County defender played under eight different managers in west London, including recently fired Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho.Cole won the Premier League, League Cup, Champions League, Europa League and four FA Cups during a trophy-laden spell with the Blues, however, he believes it was Scolari who produced the best football in his short spell in charge.‘I enjoyed Scolari, Ancelotti,’ he told Sky Sports when asked who his favourite Chelsea manager was. ‘That’s probably my favourite two.ADVERTISEMENT Scolari didn’t last long (Picture: Getty Images)‘And he had me bombing up and down against people like Jamie Carragher and Bosingwa on the other side and yeah we kind of had no rules in terms of we could play, we could go where we want, the left and right-back was going at the same time – it’s kind of unheard of at times.‘We were playing some great football and then by December we kind of petered out a bit and after that he got the sack.‘The best football we’ve ever played in a Chelsea shirt but he got the sack.’More: Manchester United FCRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starNew Manchester United signing Facundo Pellistri responds to Edinson Cavani praiseEx-Man Utd coach blasts Ed Woodward for two key transfer errorsDid Scolari produce the best football at Chelsea?Yes0%No0%Share your resultsShare your resultsTweet your results Advertisement Advertisement
Published on December 2, 2017 at 7:09 pm Contact Anthony: firstname.lastname@example.org Comments Facebook Twitter Google+ Halfway through the first period, freshman Emma Polaski and Lindenwood’s Ally Larson raced to the puck. Converging on the same point, Polaski slammed full force into Larson, sending her barreling headfirst into the corner wall near Lindenwood’s bench. The noise from the collision between Larson and the wall echoed throughout Tennity Ice Pavilion. A 10-minute penalty for game misconduct was assessed to Polaski, who was then ejected from the game.There was no love lost between Syracuse (5-8-2, 4-1-1 College Hockey America) and Lindenwood (3-10-1, 3-5-0) in SU’s 2-0 defeat, the Orange’s first loss in conference play this season. The physicality from both teams in Friday night’s game carried over into Saturday’s matchup. There were plenty of heated confrontations and shoving matches between SU and the LU, which in turn affected Syracuse’s performance on the ice.With eight minutes remaining in the second period, senior Allie Munroe and Lindenwood’s Lillian Marchant both flew into the wall after crashing into one another in an effort to control the puck. This physicality lead to 14 penalties being called.“It ruins the rhythm,” Munroe said, “Constantly penalty killing ruins the rhythm. We need to be more disciplined.”About 16 minutes into the second period, freshman Jessica DiGirolamo extended her arms, pushing LU’s Kirsten Martin into the wall on a breakaway and potential goal scoring chance for the Lady Lions. Goalie Abbey Miller believes the intensity of the matchup played a role in Saturday night’s loss.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textWith about five minutes left in the third period, senior Alysha Burriss lost her stick in a battle for the puck and after the whistle was blown, Lindenwood’s Larson kicked the stick further away from Burris. It was clear Syracuse and Lindenwood were not fans of one another.“It’s harder to play in a game that’s chippy like that,” Miller said. “We have got to stop taking stupid penalties. We know we can’t throw our hands up and hit girls.”
Ghana Football Association president Kwesi Nyantakyi says it held positive talks with would-be national team coach Avram Grant on Thursday in Accra over his remuneration.The Israeli trainer topped the GFA’s list after a panel interviewed three shortlisted coaches including Juan Ignacio Martínez Jimenez and former Switzerland assistant coach Michel Pont.Grant must agreed financial terms with his new employers before his appointment will be confirmed.But after the first day of meeting, the Ghana FA looks satisfied and ready to hand him a two-year contract as Kwesi Appiah’s successor.“The meeting was very successful and positive and we are very close to appointing him as the next Black Stars coach,” Nyantakyi told Africanfootball.com“There were few things we needed to confirm with him and that have been dealt with so we are now satisfied and ready to appoint him.” Grant, 59, became prominent in world football after replacing Jose Mourinho as Chelsea manager in 2007.That season, he led the club to reach the final of the UEFA Champions League-losing out to rivals Manchester United in Moscow.Grant then had unsuccessful spells at Portsmouth and West Ham before landing a job at Serbian giants Partizan Belgrade where he won the league in 2002 but immediately resigned.He is currently the technical director for Thai Premier League side BEC Tero Sasana.– See more at: http://www.ghanasoccernet.com/ghana-fa-president-kwesi-nyantakyi-delighted-positive-avram-grant-talks#sthash.zvQrI3TU.dpuf
FILE PHOTO: Sadio ManeLiverpool, United Kingdom | AFP | Liverpool must turn to unlikely heroes to overturn a 3-0 Champions League semi-final, first leg deficit against Barcelona on Tuesday according to defender Trent Alexander-Arnold after top scorer Mohamed Salah was ruled out with concussion.Roberto Firmino will also be absent against the Spanish champions leaving Jurgen Klopp without two of his most potent weapons for an already massive challenge.“Obviously we’ve got two of our main goalscorers out, but it also presents an opportunity for some of the other lads to come in, make a name for themselves and make themselves heroes,” said Alexander-Arnold.“If we do overturn the deficit tomorrow then whoever scores, their name will always be remembered because I am sure it will be one of those really special nights.”Salah was stretchered off during Liverpool’s tense 3-2 win at Newcastle on Saturday that kept alive their chances of a first Premier League title in 29 years after colliding with Magpies’ goalkeeper Martin Dubravka for a high ball.“It’s a concussion so that means he would not even be allowed to play,” said Klopp at his pre-match press conference on Monday.“He feels OK but it is not good enough from a medical point of view that is all. He’s desperate (to play) but we cannot do it.”Klopp was realistic at his side’s chances of progressing to a second consecutive Champions League final, but refused to give up hope with Liverpool’s history of European comebacks.“Together with our supporters it was a long season and there is at least a little chance to make it even longer,” added Klopp.“Two of the world’s best strikers are not available tomorrow night and we have to score four goals against Barcelona to go through after 90 minutes. “It doesn’t make life easier, but as long as we have 11 players on the pitch, we will try it.”– Anfield an extra man –Luis Suarez scored the opening goal against his former club in last week’s first leg at the Camp Nou, but ahead of his return to Anfield, the Uruguayan warned his current teammates of the lift playing on home soil will give Liverpool.“To play at Anfield is like playing with an extra man for what the fans transmit to the Liverpool players,” said Suarez.And Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde believes attack will be the best form of defence as if the Catalans get an away goal, Liverpool will need to score five.“What we have to do is score,” said Valverde.Suarez will be joined by Lionel Messi and Philippe Coutinho on his return to Anfield after a £142 million move to Barca from Liverpool last year.But Ousmane Dembele is absent for the visitors due to a hamstring injury and Valverde believes the Frenchman’s absence will be felt just as much as Salah and Firmino.“We don’t want any player to be injured. It would have been extraordinary to see them all on the field. They are all important,” he added.“Dembele’s absence is a problem. Against a team that concedes space (in behind) it is always important to have player like Ousmane.”Share on: WhatsApp
If you can’t go to Disney’s theme parks, then just build your own.As many families are dealing with the coronavirus pandemic by going through a period of self isolation, many are finding unique ways to spend their time. With the Disney parks closed, one family decided to recreate one of the company’s most famous rides in their living room.
14 Jul 2016 Sammie’s win completes a full set of titles Cornwall’s Sammie Giles has won the English women’s amateur championship at West Lancashire – and completed a full set of national titles. She has already won the English women’s stroke play, played last year on another Lancashire course at St Annes Old Links, and she captured the English women’s mid-amateur at Bath in 2014. The 21-year-old from St Mellion (Image © Leaderboard Photography) described herself as excited by her latest win, scoring one-under par over 72 holes, and said: “This one is the most important because it’s the closed championship and you’re playing against all your England team-mates.” Giles, who helped England to victory in the 2015 Women’s Home Internationals, finished ahead of a host of other internationals. Lizzie Prior (Burhill) had to settle for second place for the second year in a row after she finished on level par. Alice Hewson (Berkhamsted) was third on one-over, while Gemma Clews (Delamere Forest) and Sophie Lamb (Clitheroe) were fifth on two-over. Girl international Amelia Williamson (Royal Cromer) achieved her own target with a sixth place finish on three-over. The host club’s Hollie Muse finished 11th on nine-over while Eloise Healey was 32nd. At the start of today’s final 36 holes the lead was shared by Prior, Lamb and Cloe Frankish (Chart Hills) who were all three-under. Giles was tied fifth and marked time in the third round with a level par score which put her three behind Prior, who was the sole leader going into the final round. In the afternoon Giles made her move with two-under 72 which pipped her challengers. “There’s a tough stretch on the back nine, from the 10th to the 13th, and I managed to come out of that one-under, and that was the turning point,” said Giles. “This morning I played pretty steadily but I made so many clubbing errors because the wind was so difficult, it was straight across and really difficult to judge. My short game was great, though, and I made up and down for par pretty much every time I mis-clubbed. “This afternoon we got the clubbing better and I gave myself far more birdie opportunities,” added Giles who, as usual, had her father on the bag. She’s now taking a short break from golf to re-charge after this event and after playing in her regional County Match Week. Her next big date is the defence of her stroke play title at Bristol & Clifton from 16-18 August. Click here for full scores
The last time a car was stolen in Rumson was on Sept. 22, from a home on Holly Tree Lane. The 2014 BMW X5 was recovered in damaged condition in New York City on Oct. 27, following an investigation by state police called Operation 17 Corridor.In 2011, three luxury cars were stolen from Rumson homes in July and August.When Rumson Police receive a car theft report, they enter it into a national crime database and notify the NJ State Police Auto Theft Task Force. Sometimes they take the extra step of contacting the Newark Police Dept. directly, Isherwood said.“There are auto theft rings based out of Newark Essex County area,” said Isher wood. “The cars can be stolen and resold on the black market,” he said. In some cases, the cars are loaded onto container ships and sent abroad, he said. RUMSON – Police are investigating reports of two vehicles stolen on the night of Wednesday, July 20.The unlocked cars were stolen out of the driveways of homes on Avenue of Two Rivers and Robin Road sometime between 9 p.m. and 5:45 a.m., according to Det. Sgt. Christopher Isherwood. The cars were identified as a 2016 Range Rover and a 2015 BMW X3. There were also reports by residents that their cars were rummaged through that night.“The common thread with these crimes is that the vehicles were not locked. It is imperative that residents keep vehicles locked and keep valuables somewhere secure,” said Isherwood.Oftentimes electronic key fobs are present in or near the vehicles, making it easy for thieves.“With this push button start in cars, it not like the old days like when you had to carry a key around. Sometimes people leave them in the car, or even on the kitchen counter,” said Isherwood. He explained that if the car is parked near the vicinity of the kitchen, for example, it could be possible to enter and easily start the car.