A message to anyone who plans on using Portland on August 17th to commit violence and spread hate: We.Don’t.Want.You.Here.Stop using our beautiful city and our home to spread fear and disrupt our lives. https://t.co/CtkoxMz6rQ— Mayor Ted Wheeler (@tedwheeler) August 7, 2019 Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved. Major consideration is being given to naming ANTIFA an “ORGANIZATION OF TERROR.” Portland is being watched very closely. Hopefully the Mayor will be able to properly do his job!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 17, 2019 “Major consideration is being given to naming ANTIFA an ‘ORGANIZATION OF TERROR,’” the tweet read. “Hopefully the Mayor will be able to properly do his job!”The president did not, however, criticize the right-wing organizers.Previous rallies featuring right-wing groups and antifa have turned violent in Portland, prompting a warning from Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler.Ahead of Saturday’s rallies, Wheeler issued a video message stating, “if you’re planning on coming here on August 17th with the intent to commit violence, we don’t want you here.”It was unclear whether Joey Gibson, the leader of right-wing Patriot Prayer, will attend the rally. He and five other men have been arrested this month, on charges stemming from a violent outburst on May 1 at Cider Riot, a bar that is a haven for the city’s leftists. Videos of the May Day incident show men associated with the group spraying pepper spray, fighting and striking people with batons.He turned himself in to authorities and bailed out on Friday.Local authorities have beefed up security and have been joined by an array of other law enforcement agencies “on a scale that this city hasn’t seen in years,” Wheeler said. iStock(PORTLAND, Ore.) — Thirteen people were arrested and six were injured, as over 1,000 right-wing demonstrators and counter-protesters descended on downtown Portland on Saturday, police said.There were “at least 13 arrests,” in six hours, Portland Police Lieutenant Tina Jones said in a statement. “We are aware of four individuals who have been evaluated by Portland Fire medics,” the statement said.Jones also said that one person had been taken to a hospital and that “Portland Fire medics report that all known injuries are considered to be minor.”However, as the day progressed, tensions seemed to be mounting. At around 4:30 p.m. local time, and the Portland Police tweeted, that “Police are having plastic water bottles thrown at them as they are making an arrest on SW Yamhill and Park.” After that, police began advising people to clear the streets or face arrest.“Police are advising this is now a civil disturbance. Crowd needs to leave the area and go Northbound on Park or any direction eastbound. This means everyone,” Portland Police tweeted.The city has been bracing for several militant right-wing groups to arrive in the city, along with scores of counter-protesters.Enrique Tarrio, national head of the Proud Boys, who describe themselves as an all-male “western chauvinist” group, and former InfoWars personality Joe Biggs, organized the “End Domestic Terrorism” rally on Saturday that started at 11 a.m. local time. Initially, the crowds moved in slowly, and were met by a heavy police presence, in which local police were bolstered by more than a dozen other law enforcement agencies.Members of other far-right extremist groups, including the American Guard, the Three Percenters, and the Daily Stormers, were also expected to attend in the hopes of declaring militant leftists, or anti-fascists known as “anitfa,” a domestic terrorist group.One right-wing militia group, Oath Keepers, disavowed the rally for fears of being associated with white supremacists.“We do not believe the organizers are taking the steps necessary to ensure that white nationalist and suspected white nationalist groups and individuals will be excluded,” said Stewart Rhodes, the group’s founder, in a statement on its website. https://t.co/BAUm1eFJWt— Oath Keepers (@Oathkeepers) August 15, 2019 Early Saturday, Trump criticized antifa in a tweet, and said Portland is “being watched very closely.”
The Department for Transport has launched a consultation today (20 July 2018) on whether and how it should introduce E10 fuel – which contains more bioethanol than traditional petrol – to the UK market.This would help reduce carbon emissions from petrol vehicles, helping the UK meet its climate change targets.Transport Minister Jesse Norman said: Decarbonising petrol is increasingly important as the government moves towards the zero emissions future set out in the Road to Zero strategy earlier this month.The 8 week consultation closes on Sunday 16 September 2018. This government is ambitiously seeking to reduce the UK’s reliance on imported fossil fuels and cut carbon emissions from transport. But drivers of older vehicles should not be hit hard in the pocket as a result. We have launched this consultation in order to understand the impact of E10 on the UK market better, and to ensure that drivers are protected if any changes come into effect. Out of hours media enquiries 020 7944 4292 Roads media enquiries Media enquiries 020 7944 3021 The changes to the Renewable Transport Fuels Obligation (RTFO) announced earlier this year require transport fuel suppliers to increase the amount of renewable fuel supplied across the UK up to 2032.To meet these new targets, fuel suppliers could choose to increase the percentage of bioethanol in petrol beyond the current 5% (E5) up to a limit of 10% (E10).Filling up with E10 fuel reduces the greenhouse gas emissions of a petrol vehicle by around 2%. However, according to industry figures, there could be around one million cars within the UK that are unsuitable for use with E10.The consultation also includes proposals on introducing new fuel labels at filling stations and on new vehicles to help motorists select the right the fuel.The government consultation will seek views on: whether and how to introduce E10 petrol in the UK the reintroduction of an E5 protection grade to ensure standard petrol remains available at an affordable price the introduction of new fuel labelling at petrol pumps and on new cars Switchboard 0300 330 3000
Cesc Fabregas has played under some of the best managers in history (Picture: Getty)Cesc Fabregas has delivered a snub to former Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola after naming Arsene Wenger and Jose Mourinho as the two best managers that he’s worked with in his career.The Spaniard left Barcelona for Arsenal as a 16-year-old but he returned to the Camp Nou in 2011 for a fee of around £35m. Guardiola handed Fabregas his old no.4 shirt and often played the midfielder in a false-nine position as Barcelona romped to the title in the 2011/12 campaign. It was arguably Lionel Messi’s finest season in his career and much of that was down to the chemistry the Argentine had with Fabregas.ADVERTISEMENT Cesc Fabregas snubs Pep Guardiola as he names Arsene Wenger and Jose Mourinho as best coaches he’s worked with Advertisement Comment Metro Sport ReporterWednesday 1 Apr 2020 4:35 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link745Shares Fabregas spent three years back at Barcelona (Picture: Getty)However, Fabregas left after a mixed three years in Barcelona to join Jose Mourinho’s Chelsea in 2014.AdvertisementAdvertisementHe guided Chelsea to the Premier League title during his first season back in England and Fabregas admits he preferred playing under Mourinho and Wenger than Guardiola. Quizzed about his former bosses on Instagram, Fabregas initially tried to duck the question by insisting: ‘I had the best in the world, so I cannot complain.’However, fans weren’t happy with his answer and Fabregas was forced to go further, where he named his two favourite managers.‘Wenger and Mourinho,’ said Fabregas.MORE: Paul Merson defends Cesc Fabregas over Arsenal transfer decisionFollow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.For more stories like this, check our sport page. Advertisement
Kootenay Rhythm Dragons – Sisters In Sync aligned a First Place finish in the Women’s Championship “B” Division at the Kelowna Dragon Boat Festival held recently in the Central Okanagan City. The Sisters, with six new paddlers and contributions from a few other teams, captured the the B Championship Division and a fourth place overall.Mallard’s Source for sports would like to recognize the Kootenay Rhythm Dragons — Sisters In Sync with Team of the Week honours.The team includes, Carla Klein, Janet Stephenson, Jocelyn Davies, Frances Long, Deb Rhyder, Lena Guignion, Maggie Mulvihill, Brooke Campbell, Louise Andrew, Melissa Michaud, Amy Grumme, Mary Walters, Pat Gibson, Cath Little, coach Puleng Pratt, Marlene Pozin, Deb Smith, Tammy Nygaard, Peggy Scott, Dawn Jacobsen, Diane Tulloch(Steersperson), Verna Poohachoff and Jill Jacobsen.Next up for the squad is a Penticton event in September.
It was not the start to the playoffs the Nelson Leafs players wanted.Allan Pruss scored twice to lead the Beaver Valley Nitehawks to a 5-0 trashing of the Leafs in Game one of the Murdoch Division Semi Final Friday in Kootenay International Junior Hockey League action in Fruitvale.Game two is Saturday back at the Hawks’ Nest.Pruss, who finished the game with three points, scored twice in the third period to put the game away for the home side. Sam Swanson and Jace Weegar scored in the first and second periods, respectively, to give the Hawks a 2-0 advantage after 40 minutes.Taylor Stafford scored a shorthanded marker late in the game to complete the scoring.Drake Poirier stopped all 22 shots to register the shutout.Nelson struggled to muster any offence during the game, registering only five shots in the second period.Dylan Williamson, back from an injury, was Nelson’s game star while Poirier was named player-of-the-game for Beaver Valley.The series shifts to Nelson for Game three and four, Monday and Tuesday.Puck drop is 7 p.m.Beaver Valley has eliminated Nelson from post season play in three of the past four seasons.
Carles Gil in action for Aston Villa 1 Aston Villa forward Gabby Agbonlahor believes Carles Gil still has a big part to play at the club.The 22-year-old Spaniard arrived at Villa Park from Valencia for around £3m in January as a Paul Lambert signing.The playmaker’s impact was almost instant, with a goal in his first start in an FA Cup win over Bournemouth.But, when Premier League relegation loomed, his talents were not required and he started just four league matches, all of them in February before the going got really tough.However, the former Spain Under-21 man has looked lively in pre-season training and could get back in the Villa side.“Carles has come back in pre-season and he’s flying,” Agbonlahor told avfc.co.uk. “I played with him in a practice match the other day and I loved playing with him.“He can get the ball, turn and slip you through. He’s perfect for me, running in behind. I hope he keeps improving and hopefully he gets a chance because, for me, he’s a quality player.”
Three Donegal men are on the cusp of completing their new venture into whiskey distilling – and bringing the craft back to Donegal for the first time in 180 years.Crolly Distillery, located in the former Crolly Dolls Factory, will be a fully-functional distillery and visitor centre which aims to attract tourists and whiskey enthusiasts from all over the world to West Donegal.Joe Devenney from Annagry, Conor McMenamin from Ballybofey and Kieran Davis from Letterkenny are the men behind the exciting Donegal whiskey revival project. The team are delighted to be bringing new life to the former Crolly Doll factory and envisage the first liquid gold will flow through their pot stills in early 2020. Founders of Crolly Distillery – Kieran, Joe and ConorA state-of-the-art visitor centre will open in 2021 for specialist whiskey tours and tastings. It aims to attract 20,000 visitors in year one, with hopeful growth in these projected tourism figures going forward. Whiskey was last (legally!) produced in Donegal by William Leatham at the Bohillion Distillery in Burt but those stills fell silent in the early 1840’s. Three years ago, Joe, Conor and Kieran set about reviving the craft and reviving the famous Crolly Doll factory, which has lain dormant for twenty years until now.Crolly Distillery constructionThe location was selected alongside the Dore River as it provides ideal climatic conditions to slowly age a high-quality single malt Irish whiskey. Authenticity and originality are at the core of this endeavour and this sets Crolly apart. ‘If it’s Crolly on the bottle, it’s Crolly in the bottle’ is the mantra of the boutique distillery, which will produce in small batch volumes of an artisan, delectable single malt whiskey (50,000 litres of pure alcohol annually). The promoters have invested heavily to create a distillery which will be as sustainable and green as possible, harvesting rain water and recycling heat energy from the mashing and distillation process. The founders have also sourced two beautifully restored ex-cognac copper pot stills from the South of France and grade A ex-bourbon oak casks shipped from the United States for their premium product.Crolly WhiskeyThe Crolly Distillery story has already begun with the Founder’s 180 Club Cask Programme. The investment programme invites whiskey lovers to acquire one of the very first casks of Donegal-produced Irish whiskey from The Crolly Distillery. There are just 180 individually numbered casks available, and owning a cask allows members to be part of an exclusive Crolly club.Since the Crolly Factory renovations began, the distillery founders and promoters have been struck by the fond memories and anecdotes shared with them from locals – and they want to preserve those memories in the visitor centre and online in the future. The team are requesting your Crolly memories, be they pictures or written word, to [email protected] The worldwide chatter about the ‘the goings on’ in Crolly has already resulted in 50 Founders 180 Club casks sold at home and abroad.Cheers to that!Tugann an ghníomhaireacht rialtais, Údarás na Gaeltachta, tacaíocht don tionscnamh seo.Whiskey distillery breathes new life into famous Donegal factory was last modified: December 6th, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
SharePrint RelatedHagen med det rare i— Geocache of the weekJanuary 11, 2017In “Geocache of the Week”Top 10 Geocaches of the Week 2017December 27, 2017In “Geocache of the Week”Selfie Letterbox — Geocache of the WeekMay 23, 2018In “Community” Location:Bavaria, GermanyN 47° 20.885 E 010° 12.946 Share with your Friends:More A geocache that has the words “oldest”, “highest”, or “largest” in its title is bound to be interesting. Because—let’s face it—geocachers are drawn to extremes like a magnet is drawn to the underside of a park bench. But isn’t it especially great when the cache that’s the something-est is also just a really cool cache in itself?That’s exactly what makes GC6F6C8 Geocache of the Week.Yes, it’s the Höchste Letterbox Deutschlands (highest letterbox in Germany). It also has a remarkably beautiful view, is large enough to carry trackables, and greets you when you open it.Geocachers 123MAINE in front of GC6F6C8That’s right. When GC6F6C8 is opened or closed, the pastoral sound of a cowbell rings out. (You know, in case you’d missed the flowering meadows, towering white-capped peaks, and swinging cable-car next door and didn’t realize you were in the Bavarian Alps.)The mailbox-like metal container is safely secured—it can only be opened with a key hidden in a nearby hide-a-key box—and for good reason. The cache is plainly visible and clearly labelled, making stealthiness a bit irrelevant. Thanks to hubersports for placing and maintaining this bucket-list geocache!Continue to explore some of the most amazing geocaches around the world.Check out all of the Geocaches of the Week on the Geocaching blog. If you would like to nominate a Geocache of the Week, fill out this form. LetterboxGC6F6C8by hubersports Difficulty:2Terrain:2.5
ATHENS – Olympiakos’ uneven season continued when the mighty Reds were upset 68-67 by Nea Kifissia, which had put up a tough game earlier in the week against perennial champion Panathinaikos.Olympiakos had Milan Tomic on the bench as an interim coach after Giorgos Bartzokas resigned following a loss to arch-rival Panathinaikos in the Greek basketball league. PAOK’s Soulis Markopoulos reportedly is the favorite for the Piraeus club’s bench.Olympiakos is having trouble finding a new leader after France’s Vincent Collet and Serbia’s Aleksander Djordjevic spurned the Reds’ offer to take over as coach.PAOK reportedly will agree to let Markopoulos jump to a Eurloeague contender instead of a second-tier club. He could be replaced at the Thessaloniki team by former Panionios coach Giorgos Sferopoulos, Kathimerini reported.PAOK only played 19 minutes of its game at Aris on Oct. 18, as objects hurled onto the court by the Aris fans forced the abandonment of the Thessaloniki derby, with PAOK given the win by a score of 20-0. Fan violence is common at Greek basketball games.Trikala and Korivos Amaliadas played a wild game that saw Trikala win in a second overtime, 102-93. Once-powerful AEK got its first win after returning to the league, beating Panionios 77-64. Apollon Patras defeated Panelefsiniakos 91-82, and AGO Rethymnou beat KAO Dramas 72-66.TweetPinShare0 Shares
Related Items:#Biminishooting, #magneticmedianews, #mankillsbrotherinBimini Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppBahamas, March 13, 2017 – Bimini – The murder toll for the country is at 34 now after a weekend shooting in Bimini, reportedly between brothers. A 21 year old man is dead, shot at a home in South Bimini, he was rushed to medical care but he still died.#MagneticMediaNews #mankillsbrotherinBimini #Biminishooting