Colorado’s own Magic Beans have announced the lineup for their seventh-annual Beanstalk Music & Mountains Festival at Bond, Colorado’s Rancho Del Rio, set to take place on June 27th–29th, 2019.Magic Beans will play three shows throughout the weekend’s festivities, along with headlining performances from fellow jam band favorites TAUK and Aqueous.Com Truise will perform a sunset set, along with Ghost-Note and Adam Deitch & The Midnight Marauders, featuring Lettuce bandmate Adam “Shmeeans” Smirnoff, The Motet’s Joey Porter, Garrett Sayers, and trumpeter Gabriel Mervine.Beanstalk staples lespecial and Yak Attack will both perform late-night sets, after having both made huge moves in the last year. Last year, the Oregon-based live electronic trio treated fans to a late-night pop-up set on Saturday night following Magic Beans’ grand finale festival-closing set, so expect something extra-special from the Jedi musicians. Yak Attack drummer Nick Werth is the younger brother of Ghost-Note leader Nate Werth, presenting a nice opportunity for the brothers to potentially share some stage time.Cycles (x2), Exmag, The Sweet Lillies, Meadow Mountain, Part & Parcel, Formula 5, Dizgo, Goose, and Kessel Run round out the lineup, in addition to daytime DJ sets on the river by Galaxe, Tri-Tip, and Sundae Service.For more information on Beanstalk 2019, ticketing, and the upcoming full-lineup announcement, head to the festival’s website here.
Submit StumbleUpon Irish bookmakers to reopen on 29 June May 28, 2020 Share Irish bookmakers demand clarity on reopening orders June 17, 2020 Paddy Power to reopen English & Irish betting shops in Royal Ascot week June 10, 2020 Share Related Articles Last week Irish betting operators came together for what was deemed a largely successful initiative, in the inaugural Responsible Gambling Week Ireland.The week was centered around the theme of raising awareness of knowing when to stop, as well as aiming to open dialogue about what it means to gamble responsibly.Sharon Byrne, Chairperson for the Irish Bookmakers Association told SBC: “The aim of the campaign was to spread the message that gambling is supposed to be safe and fun, and also about letting people know that there are support and services available for those who may need it.“We are very happy that the campaign received Nationwide coverage, and that the race tracks, dog tracks, Irish coursing club, gaming clubs, and Amusement association came on board too. With all participants helping to spread the message to their customers it gave us more reach than ever before.”Looking ahead, she added: “We certainly intend to run it every year, and when the IBA next meets in March, we will decide whether it should run the same week as the campaign in the UK, or whether to keep the Irish week separate. We hope to improve the campaign next year, by including a Live online chat service throughout the week, and by running some information days around the country, possibly in partnership with some other organisations.“We are also watching the development of the GamStop online central exclusion scheme in the UK closely, and would hope to follow suit with an Irish version shortly after the UK model goes live.”Sharon will be further discussing responsible gambling at the Betting on Football Conference, she will be discussing how operators can increase responsible gambling as part of The Customer Journey track. To find out more about the event click here.
Connecticut women’s basketball coach Geno Auriemma is used to playing in March. The long-time Huskies coach will make his 20th appearance at the Women’s Final Four on Friday.But, there’s something Auriemma is still getting used to and that’s the changing climate within the NCAA. When speaking to reporters Tuesday, Auriemma said there are many coaches that are now “afraid” of upsetting players, who could transfer and/or report the coach for verbal abuse.”The majority of coaches in America are afraid of their players,” Auriemma said. “The NCAA, the athletic directors and society has made them afraid of their players. Every article you read: ‘This guy’s a bully. This woman’s a bully. This guy went over the line. This woman was inappropriate.’ Related News “Yet the players get off scot-free in everything. They can do whatever they want. They don’t like something you say to them, they transfer. Coaches, they have to coach with one hand behind their back. Why? Because some people have abused the role of a coach.”The other Final Four coaches — Notre Dame’s Muffet McGraw, Baylor’s Kim Mulkey and Oregon’s Kelly Graves — also agreed that coaches now need to be aware of their tone toward players.But Auriemma, perhaps the most outspoken on the matter, said the “line” can be hard to determine and used Michigan State men’s coach Tom Izzo as an example.Izzo had a heated interaction with a player in Round 1 of the NCAA Men’s Tournament. He was seen screaming at Aaron Henry when players were walking to the sidelines during a timeout and moments later, Izzo got in Henry’s face again as players stepped in to separate the two.”People gave Tom Izzo a lot of grief for something he did on the sideline,” Auriemma said. “His players loved that. He doesn’t have to care what you think of it. He just has to care what his players think of it. If his players all transferred, if his players all quit on him, then he went over the line. If his players play really hard for him, they keep winning, they love him, they keep coming back to the program, then that’s passion.”Auriemma added: “Everybody’s got to coach to their personality. It’s harder today than it’s ever been to motivate players. I mean, I get we have to keep an eye on things. We don’t want people to abuse the system. I get that. I’m all in favor of that. UNC puts entire women’s basketball coaching staff on leave during investigation “I just find it a little bit disconcerting that more and more coaches are being told, ‘This is inappropriate; you’re not acting the right way.’ What is the right way, and who is going to decide what the right way is? I don’t know what the answer to that is.”The No. 2 Huskies will face the defending champion top-seeded Fighting Irish at 9 p.m. ET on Friday. No. 2 Oregon and No. 1 Baylor will play before at 7 p.m. ET.
It was a suggestion received in light jest at the time: On May 16, Bob Melvin lofted catcher Josh Phegley’s name and game as All-Star worthy.“If you’re … How do we define this win streak? Oakland hasn’t lost a game since May 14, but don’t know the result of a suspended one in Detroit.Let’s keep it simple. Following a 7-1, series-sweeping win over the Mariners, the A’s are winners of nine-straight games.Here are three observations from the game.Josh Phegley making an All-Star case?
Role of Mobile App Analytics In-App Engagement See also: 5 Key Trends of 2010: Half-Year Report for The Web Related Posts richard macmanus This week we ran a poll asking you to vote for the Web product or platform that has most impressed you in 2010. The overwhelming winner was the Apple iPad, launched in January. This isn’t a surprise, but the fact that the iPad garnered over twice as many votes as the second-place getter shows just how much impact the iPad has had on the Web landscape this year.Second was the Nexus One, an iPhone challenger that runs Google’s mobile OS, Android. This shows another significant trend of 2010: the increasing market penetration of Android as a smart phone platform competing with the iPhone. Full poll results below…Not far behind the Nexus were iPhone 4 and the first ‘non device’ to place in our poll, the location-based social network Foursquare. What all four of the top place getters have in common is that they’re all mobile technologies. It’s perhaps arguable that the iPad is a mobile device, however it has been mostly used away from people’s desks.The poll listed 10 products or platforms and you were asked to select up to 3. Below is a screenshot of how the poll finished up. Let us know in the comments what other trends you gleaned from these results. Tags:#Apple#Google#mobile#Polls#Trends#web Why IoT Apps are Eating Device Interfaces What it Takes to Build a Highly Secure FinTech … The Rise and Rise of Mobile Payment Technology
Liverpool hero Hamann: I wanted to join Arsenalby Ansser Sadiq9 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveLiverpool legend Dietmar Hamann has admitted that he wanted to join Arsenal instead of the Reds!The German defensive midfielder played over 200 games for the club in the early 2000s.But when he left Newcastle in 1999, Hamann has revealed that his first choice was to go to Arsenal under Arsene Wenger.It is understandable, given the Gunners were competing for Premier League titles in those years.However, Hamann told The Athletic that he never got any serious interest from Arsenal, which meant that Liverpool was his best option for a step up from Newcastle.He signed for the club in an £8 million deal under Gerard Houiller and became a mainstay in the team for the next seven years. About the authorAnsser SadiqShare the loveHave your say
Mississippi State Hype VideoMississippi State suffered a tough loss to Georgia Tech in last year’s Orange Bowl, but all in all, the Bulldogs had a great season. MSU opened the 2014 campaign with nine straight victories, including wins over LSU, Auburn and Arkansas, before falling in a close contest to Alabama. The Bulldogs, in early November, were the No. 1 ranked team in the country. And they posted double-digit victories for just the second time in their program’s history.The 2015 Bulldogs aren’t being picked by many to be quite as successful, but with star quarterback Dak Prescott returning, they may surprise a few people. Thursday, the school released an awesome hype video titled “Relentless” to tease the 2015 campaign. Enjoy, MSU fans:
APTN National NewsThe 2012 Saskatchewan First Nations Winter Games have come to a close, and organizers are calling this year’s edition an “outstanding event”.Over 3,500 student athletes from across the province participated in six different sports, and the city of Saskatoon saw an economic spike in the neighbourhood of $6 million.And as APTN National News reporter Delaney Windigo says, for many of the athletes, it’s about the love of the game.
TORONTO – Former Ontario privacy commissioner Ann Cavoukian said Waterfront Toronto has recently “expressed no resistance” to her demand for companies working with the organization and Alphabet Inc.-backed Sidewalk Labs on their Toronto smart city to commit to de-identifying data as it is obtained.Cavoukian has long been pushing for the measure and last month, went so far as to resign from her consultancy role with the Quayside project when she felt her advice on the policy wasn’t being heeded.Cavoukian told The Canadian Press she believed a Monday meeting she had with a “senior” Waterfront Toronto representative “to be a commitment” to the organization implementing the policy.“I believe they will follow through…They seem very sincere and genuine. There was no animosity,” she said.“I asked for something like a press release or an announcement, so the public can be relieved that their privacy will not be in jeopardy when this smart city starts unfolding.”Waterfront Toronto spokesman Andrew Tumilty said that Cavoukian had met with Kristina Verner, the organization’s vice-president of innovation, sustainability and prosperity.“We are currently exploring the methods available to ensure de-identification of data at source, and we look forward to further conversations on this subject with Cavoukian,” he wrote in an email.Tumilty said any of the principles the organizations set up for the project will need to be vetted by an advisory panel and be subject to public consultations.The proposed Quayside project has raised many privacy and data concerns because it involves a slew of high-tech innovations that are expected to change how people live, work and play within the smart community and beyond.Critics have complained about issues around the project’s leadership, the lack of clarity around Waterfront Toronto and partner Sidewalk Lab’s plans and few details being shared with the public. Several members have quit or considered quitting an advisory panel Waterfront Toronto set up to help guide the project.Several of those members and critics have cited the same concerns as Cavoukian.“Because there is going to be sensors and other technology collecting information 24/7 you don’t have the opportunity to obtain consent with people because it will be happening all the time and everywhere,” Cavoukian said, explaining why forcing companies working on the project to de-identify data at source is so important to her.“From the beginning, I wanted it to be a smart city of privacy and not a smart city of surveillance.”Tumilty said that Waterfront Toronto has always been committed to protecting personal privacy and has “enormous respect” for Cavoukian and her Privacy by Design framework, which she crafted as a set of best practices for data and safety.He relayed Waterfront Toronto’s willingness to work with Cavoukian on the project, but Cavoukian says she is still considers how she exactly will be involved as a “question mark.”“I told Waterfront Toronto that I would be happy to help them with things,” she said. “Certainly I am very, very open to working with them in some capacity.”Follow @Tara_Deschamps on Twitter.