OC board to meet

first_img The Odessa College Board of Trustees will meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday to consider a tax abatement request from Origis Energy for solar projects in Ector County. Origis came before the Ector County ISD board of trustees in February to have two applications for appraised value limitations approved. The properties are south of interstate 20 and east of Farm to Market Road 1601. Some of the other items on the agenda are: >> An executive session on recommendations for administrative appointments. They include President Gregory Williams; Vice President for Instruction Aimee Callahan; Kim McKay, vice president for student services and enrollment management; Chief of Staff Robert Rivas; vice President for Information Technology Shawn Shreves; Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness Don Wood; Vice President for Administrative services Ken Zartner. >> Reappointment of the college attorney. >> Report on a bid for a 25-passenger bus. >> An executive session on a board self-evaluation. >> The president’s report from Williams will include the introduction of Jonathan Fuentes, executive dean of academic partnerships; OC graduation May 10 and 11 at the Ector County Coliseum; Drive to Success Mustang Giveaway April 25; Student Awards of Excellence April 29; Employee Service Awards May 3; a student letter; Odessa College Leadership Institute High Impact Strategies Workshop; and the Aspen Institute Rising Star Award. By Digital AIM Web Support – February 24, 2021 Facebook TAGS  Local News Twitter WhatsApp Pinterestcenter_img OC board to meet Pinterest WhatsApp Previous article040219_Permian_Midland_JF_07Next articleMan charged with choking girlfriend in 18-wheeler Digital AIM Web Support Twitter Facebooklast_img read more

Continue reading

Diego Costa: I escaped bib-throw sanction because Chelsea dressing room loves me

first_img When it became apparent Costa would not be used in the goalless draw at White Hart Lane he appeared to fling his pink substitutes’ bib in the direction of Mourinho, narrowly missing. “People have made a party about this,” Costa told IBTimes UK. “If I want to throw the bib at him it would have been impossible to fail because I was very close. But anyway the attitude was not good. It was disrespectful not only to him but to my team-mates. “But as the dressing room loves me nothing happens.” Mourinho was subject of the first managerial vote of confidence in Roman Abramovich’s 12-year ownership on October 5, but fortunes have barely improved since. Chelsea could be in the Premier League’s relegation zone by the time of their next game with Leicester on Monday. The Champions League draw takes place on the same day, with Mourinho believing all their possible opponents – Paris St Germain, PSV Eindhoven, Benfica, Juventus, Roma or Gent – want to play them. Whether he will still be in charge when the competition resumes in February will depend on an improvement in domestic affairs, but Costa believes Mourinho is not at fault for their miserable season so far. Press Association “Despite things not going well he is not to blame,” Costa added. “One thing is when one thing doesn’t work, but when four or five players are not playing (well) it is more difficult. The manager has been fighting and encouraging us to turn this around. “We know that the manager is going to stay here until end of season. Fans like him so much, the board respect him and the players know that he is very important for us.” Costa is one of the players who has underperformed, scoring just seven times for Chelsea since January and four times this season. He has one Champions League goal for the Blues since his summer 2014 arrival. Mourinho said Costa returned for pre-season training overweight and suggested every game without a goal was adding a further burden of 5kg to his misfiring striker. Unsubstantiated reports suggested the pair’s relationship was strained, while Costa was one of three players pictured on a night out prior to the loss to Bournemouth, which was actually the full squad’s Christmas celebration and approved by the manager. Mourinho also said the Brazil-born Spain striker’s lack of confidence was clear against Porto, where Costa forced a lucky break in an opening goal after which the visitors could not respond. And Costa says he accepted being dropped without explanation. “I don’t need someone to tell me that I’m not having a great season,” added Costa, whose most recent goal was on November 21 in the win over Norwich. “He spoke with me but he doesn’t need to explain anything. I know it and it is normal that the manager tries to find different alternatives to win games. “We have a very good relationship and everything has gone well.” Costa was prolific in his first months at Chelsea following his £32million move from Atletico Madrid. But his form has led to suggestions Chelsea are in the market for a new striker, while he has often been linked with a return to Spain. “It seems the English media want me to leave England as soon as possible. Because it’s not normal what they say,” Costa added. “The truth is that I’m happy here. The only thing which I’m not happy about is the situation of the team. “But if I were happy with that it would be very ungrateful. I have to improve and the team has to improve.” Diego Costa believes he avoided punishment for his bib-throwing display of petulance because “the dressing room loves me”. The striker again backed Jose Mourinho to continue as manager after returning to the starting line-up, after a two-game absence, as Chelsea beat Porto 2-0 to advance to the Champions League knockout stages on Wednesday night as Group G winners. The Blues want to translate the vastly improved showing into the Premier League and Costa is keen to play his part after being dropped by Mourinho, with Eden Hazard deployed as a ‘false nine’ against Tottenham and Bournemouth. last_img read more

Continue reading

Cricket News Virat Kohli powers India to series-levelling win in Sydney T20I versus Australia

first_imgNew Delhi: Virat Kohli was back in his familiar No.3 position in the Indian batting line-up. The Indian skipper was once again involved in a tense chase. The outcome was also familiar. Kohli (61*) blasted his 19th Twenty20 international fifty and India clinched the third and final Twenty20 International in Sydney by six wickets with two balls to spare. With the series level 1-1, India ensured that their unbeaten bilateral series run in this format since July 2017 extended into 2019 as well. Kohli was well-supported by Dinesh Karthik, who showed calmness at the other end after India threatened to throw away a blazing start set-up by Shikhar Dhawan and Rohit Sharma in their pursuit of 165.Read More | Shikhar Dhawan creates unique T20I world record in SydneyAustralia had received a boost with Mitchell Starc being included in the playing XI and both Indian openers treated the speedster with respect. Dhawan and Rohit opened up in the second over by targeting Nathan Coulter-Nile, with Rohit finding the square leg boundary and Dhawan walking across his stumps to pull a short ball to long leg. In the fourth over, Coulter-Nile was once again in the receiving end of a vicious assault as both Rohit and Dhawan hit sixes. The carnage worsened for Australia as Marcus Stoinis was hammered for 22 runs in his one over, with the left-handed Dhawan blasting a six and two fours.Read More | Krunal Pandya creates record in Sydney T20I against AustraliaIndia had raced to 67/0 in the sixth over before Starc, playing his first Twenty20 International since 2016, trapped Dhawan LBW for 41 off 22 balls after Australia opted for the review. Australia clawed back into the contest, with legspinner Adam Zampa breaching Rohit’s (23) defence with a quick, skiddy delivery. With both openers gone cheaply, the onus was on Kohli.Middle overs dominationKL Rahul tried to steady the ship by lofting Coulter-Nile for a six over deep midwicket but the Australian spinners Zampa and Glenn Maxwell kept a tight check on the runs. India managed to hit only one boundary in five overs and the mounting pressure consumed Rahul, who miscued Maxwell to be caught for 14. When Andrew Tye dismissed Rishabh Pant for a golden duck, India’s unbeaten run was in danger. However, with Kohli still there, the sold-out crowd at the SCG knew something special was on the cards and the Indian skipper delivered.Read More | India vs Australia 3rd T20: Kohli 61* gives side six-wicket winKohli broke the shackles in the 16th over by carving Tye over backward point for a four and then gloriously lofting the bowler inside-out over wide long-off for a six. The Indian skipper continued to ride the momentum and neared his fifty by clobbering Maxwell for a flat six over deep midwicket. At the other end, Dinesh Karthik showed his calmness and he ensured the contest went India’s way by launching Tye into the second tier of the stands and cracking Starc to the boundary. Kohli smashed two boundaries to seal the win in style after Australia had recovered to a good score despite Krunal Pandya’s great spell.Read More | Mitchell Starc boosts Australia in T20Is after two yearsKrunal breaks AustraliaAustralia, opting to bat, started off well with Aaron Finch and D’Arcy Short stringing a solid opening partnership. Finch survived a dropped chance in Krunal’s first over as Rohit dropped the catch at long on, raising more questions on India’s fielding. However, Kuldeep Yadav sent back Finch for 28 and that ushered a period when Australia swept themselves into oblivion. Krunal got the wickets of Short (33) and Ben McDermott (0) in quick succession and he ensured Australia did not have any momentum by getting rid of Maxwell (13).When Alex Carey holed out to Kohli for 27, Krunal achieved the best figures by a spinner in Twenty20 Internationals in Australia and his haul of 4/36 put Australia on the backfoot. Some cameos towards the end by Coulter-Nile and Stoinis got Australia past 160 but in the end, Australia were undone by the familiar sight of Kohli scoring big in a chase. For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.last_img read more

Continue reading

Gianluigi Buffon set his sights on another milestone

first_imgThe most expensive goalkeeper in the world of football has gone on to remark on his next target at Juventus, while assuring fans that he will put pen to paper.The former Parma shot stopper moved to the Turin giants back in 2001, and it has been a decade long service for the maestro, who has maintained his positioning as one of the best goalkeepers in the world. His contributions to the cause of the Bianconeri can never be questioned; when everyone was thinking of leaving the club following their demotion to the Serie B Calciopoli scandal, the Italian stuck around to keep the goal in the upcoming season.His presence, along with a few others, including the likes of Alessandro Del Piero and Pavel Nedved was instrumental in guiding them straight back into the first division of the Italian football, the Serie A. He has been indispensible at Juventus, and has helped the club out in securing trophies throughout his career, whether it was his natural instinctual saves or salvaging victory for the Bianconeri in the penalty shootouts.He has won every possible trophy there is to win for club and country, all expect one. He has won the Scudetto on a number of occasions, as well as the Coppa Italia. Even at national level, Buffon was the goalkeeper that led the Italians to victory in the finals of the World Cup in 2006 against France. However, if there has been one trophy that has not been within the grasp of the Italian, it has been the UEFA Champions League.Always the participant and never the winner, Buffon came agonisingly close to lifting the trophy back in the 2003 edition of the European tournament, in what was an all Italian affair which saw Milan competing against Juve for the trophy.Gigi Buffon went on to aspire: “The Champions League is something that I want before I retire. It would be a shame to end my career having just missed out on it.”Buffon was unable to salvage the match against Milan in 2003, as Andriy Shevchenko got the better of him in penalty shootout of the Champions League final.last_img read more

Continue reading