Con-man cashes in on respite plight

first_imgEmail Linkedin THE Brothers of Charity have warned that a bogus fundraiser has been calling to County Limerick homes claiming to be collecting for the respite centre.Head of Finance at the charity, Mary Dundon told the Limerick Post that the con artist has been exploiting the good will of people who are aware of the plight of respite services, which have seen a dramatic reduction in government funding in recent months.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up “The head of quality here, who lives in Pallasgreen, had a call from a neighbour who was visited by a man whom she described as well-dressed and who produced a bank account number that he claimed was in use by the charity”, Ms Dundon told this newspaper.“We have no idea who he is and we certainly have not received any donations from him. We have not begun our fundraising drive as of yet and would not be in favour of door to door collections in any case.“People have read about our situation and are eager to help, but we want to ensure that they don’t hand over their hard earned money to this con artist, who is evidently using the money for his own gain”.Meanwhile gardaí are warning that bogus workers are continuing to call to houses across Limerick, conning people out of their money.“If you are in doubt regarding the identity of a person calling to your home please err on the side of caution and don’t allow them in. If you have any concerns call your local Garda Station”, said a garda spokesperson. Advertisement NewsLocal NewsCon-man cashes in on respite plightBy admin – August 19, 2010 510 WhatsAppcenter_img Facebook Twitter Print Previous articleKiely scuppers move to stall managerNext articleCreditors lose €1.7m after Clancy’s goes into liquidation adminlast_img read more

Continue reading

News story: Government launches low carbon fuels consultation

first_imgThe Department for Transport has launched a consultation today (20 July 2018) on whether and how it should introduce E10 fuel – which contains more bioethanol than traditional petrol – to the UK market.This would help reduce carbon emissions from petrol vehicles, helping the UK meet its climate change targets.Transport Minister Jesse Norman said: Decarbonising petrol is increasingly important as the government moves towards the zero emissions future set out in the Road to Zero strategy earlier this month.The 8 week consultation closes on Sunday 16 September 2018. This government is ambitiously seeking to reduce the UK’s reliance on imported fossil fuels and cut carbon emissions from transport. But drivers of older vehicles should not be hit hard in the pocket as a result. We have launched this consultation in order to understand the impact of E10 on the UK market better, and to ensure that drivers are protected if any changes come into effect. Out of hours media enquiries 020 7944 4292 Roads media enquiries Media enquiries 020 7944 3021 The changes to the Renewable Transport Fuels Obligation (RTFO) announced earlier this year require transport fuel suppliers to increase the amount of renewable fuel supplied across the UK up to 2032.To meet these new targets, fuel suppliers could choose to increase the percentage of bioethanol in petrol beyond the current 5% (E5) up to a limit of 10% (E10).Filling up with E10 fuel reduces the greenhouse gas emissions of a petrol vehicle by around 2%. However, according to industry figures, there could be around one million cars within the UK that are unsuitable for use with E10.The consultation also includes proposals on introducing new fuel labels at filling stations and on new vehicles to help motorists select the right the fuel.The government consultation will seek views on: whether and how to introduce E10 petrol in the UK the reintroduction of an E5 protection grade to ensure standard petrol remains available at an affordable price the introduction of new fuel labelling at petrol pumps and on new cars Switchboard 0300 330 3000last_img read more

Continue reading