Singer-Songwriter And Dark Star Orchestra Tour Manager Matt Reynolds Passes Away

first_imgSinger-songwriter and Dark Star Orchestra’s tour manager, Matt Reynolds passed away unexpectedly over the weekend, leaving those who knew Reynolds and the extended Dark Star Orchestra family reeling. Reynolds served as Dark Star’s tour manager for twelve years, serving as the man behind-the-scenes for their countless nationwide tours since August of 2006. Reynolds himself was a musician, melding Americana, country-rock, and the blues for his soulful numbers, and was tapped for this year’s Dark Star Jubilee at the end of May. In April of 2015, Reynolds released his debut solo album titled Been Long Gone, which was co-produced by Dark Star’s guitarist and studio engineer Rob Eaton and Ted Pecchio respectively.In a statement issued by the band, Dark Star Orchestra sent their condolences to Matt’s mother, brother, and sister and penned a touching tribute to their tour manager, crediting him as being the “behind-the-scenes beacon guiding us through success, tumult, and all points in between, usually with great humor, and always with gentle nature.” You can read Dark Star’s full statement on the loss of Matt Reynold’s here, and check out Reynolds’ music via his Soundcloud here. Fare the well, Matt. You will be missed.last_img read more

Continue reading

Transfer fees must fall to rational levels after pandemic — Rummenigge

first_imgRelatedPosts COVID-19: NCAA to revoke erring airlines licence over non-compliance Club’s server collapses over ticket demand for first Bundesliga game in 11 years FRSC to Schools: We’ll arrest, prosecute drivers who flout COVID-19 rules Football will see a drop in transfer fees and salaries following the Coronavirus pandemic and the sport needs to adapt to a new reality, said Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.His team had last week secured their eighth successive league crown and despite still fighting for a treble of titles, Bayern should expect their annual turnover of more than 700 million euros ($790.44 million) to drop by about 50 million due to the pandemic, Rummenigge said. The Bundesliga was suspended for more than two months in March following the spread of the virus across the globe, restarting without fans in May as clubs’ revenues continued to drop.Rummenigge told Handeslblatt newspaper on Tuesday: “Football must try to become a bit more rational in order to be better prepared for future crisis.“In the past decade football, with higher-faster-longer when it came to transfer fees and player salaries, went a considerable way beyond its target.“We delivered a breath-taking competition for transfers that cannot be called rational any more.”While Bayern had traditionally avoided paying high prices for players, they also joined the big spenders last year, forking out a league record 80 million euros for defender Lucas Hernandez, who spent much of the season injured. There will also be less money available from broadcasters in the coming years, with the German Football League announcing on Monday domestic rights deals worth 4.4 billion from the 2021-22 season for four years.It is less lucrative than the existing four-year deal that ends next season and is worth 4.6 billion euros.In the coming season fans should not expect any big spending as clubs undergo cost-cutting operations, Rummenigge said.He added: “The transfer market has changed. There is not a lot of liquidity around and so there is a lack of demand. But there is no lack of supply for players eager to transfer.“That will create adjustments to the prices, and the salaries are also hardly going to go up and that is the case for top players as well. “Many top European clubs have announced intentions to decrease their payroll. We will also be treating this more carefully.”Reuters/NAN.Tags: Bayern MunichBundesligaCOVID-19EuropeexpenditureFootball ClubsKarl-Heinz RummeniggeTransfer Feeslast_img read more

Continue reading

No. 19 Syracuse stuns No. 2 Duke 2-1 in overtime

first_img Published on September 27, 2019 at 7:33 pm Contact Adam: [email protected] | @_adamhillman Facebook Twitter Google+ Charlotte de Vries couldn’t contain her excitement. After scoring a game-winning breakaway goal to defeat No. 2 Duke, she screamed as her teammates mobbed her. The Orange, after failing to topple No. 5 Virginia last week, defeated the second-best team in the nation on the road on Friday night.Following last Friday’s 2-0 loss when Syracuse outshot the Cavaliers, freshman Olivia Graham was positive. Graham, obviously disappointed by the defeat, knew that by outplaying UVA for three quarters, SU showed that it could compete with the nation’s best. “It’s a loss for us but we can also see that we have a lot of potential,” Graham said. The Orange showed that once again on Friday. No. 19 Syracuse (7-2, 1-1 Atlantic Coast) defeated Duke (7-1, 0-1) 2-1 in Durham, North Carolina. In the first half, SU was dominated, outshot 13-1 and allowed Duke’s only goal to Haley Schleicher. But the Orange adjusted and improved in the second, tallying seven shots to Duke’s nine.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textWith under seven minutes remaining, Claire Cooke scored the Orange’s first goal. After Duke fouled SU in the circle, she deflected in junior Carolin Hoffmann’s shot from a penalty corner.The Orange didn’t relent in the first overtime, only being outshot by one. And then in the second overtime period, when both teams were gasping for air, the ball fell to de Vries right outside the shooting circle. With a clear one-on-one, she evaded Duke goalkeeper Sammi Steele and fired a shot into the back of the net.SU missed the NCAA tournament last year for the first time since 2007. With its win today, Syracuse tallied the win it needed to be in postseason contention this time around. Commentslast_img read more

Continue reading